Monday, September 3, 2012

And we BEGIN

OMG you would think that our life could not get more crazy but you would be wrong. First we lose our parents and have to live with our evil aunt! Then our grandmother passes away and tells our entire family that we can accept a million dollars or go on a treasure hunt. A treasure hunt that could lead you to the most powerful treasure on earth and make you powerful beyond belief. Of course most turned that down and took the money!!! But 7 teams decided to risk it and join the hunt.
 
TEAM 1: Ian & Natalie .
 
TEAM 2: Holt Family (Uncle Eisenhower, Aunt Mary-Todd, Hamilton, Reagan & Madison)
 
TEAM 3: Alistair Oh (team of one trickster)
 
TEAM 4: Starling Triplets (Sinead, Ned & Ted)
 
TEAM 5: Irina Sparksy (team of one- sometimes called Spaz)
 
TEAM 6: Jonah Wizard (movie star) & his Dad
 
TEAM 7: Amy (me) & Dan (my brother)
 
I can't tell you how amazed I am to find out that we are related to people like Abraham Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt, Lewis & Clark and Ben Franklin. Most of the people that I lose myself in reading about I find out are related to me. AMAZING!!!! We went last to tell our decision about joining the hunt. Very unlike me, I dramatically walked up and lit our vouchers on fire declaring that WE would be joining. The lawyer Mr. McIntyre told us something that our grandmother wanted us to know. It's kinda cryptic.
Beware the Madrigals. Trust NO ONE!

Now this was after he told us that there are four branches of the Cahills (that's our family).
Ekaterina, Janus, Tomas & Lucian

I am not sure what we need to do with this information but I am sure it will come in handy. We have no idea what Madrigals means but already the four branches helped us. Well I thought we needed to go to the library to help figure out our first clue. Alistair talked us into working together because we would need a grownup to get around since our evil aunt decided to leave us, all she wanted was our money anyway. I had read most of the books there so I was thinking it was a loss but Dan realized that there was family crest above one of the book shelves and investigated it.
 
OMG it lead to a secret passageway that lead to a secret library. I wish I could have stayed there longer. We found Ben Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanack which helped us find the next clue for the first clue. Yea I know sounds strange. But every clue we get leads to more clues to find the next clue for the final treasure. This is going to take a long time. Well while looking at the almanac I realized that OUR mom had written in it. I know because I recognized her writing and it's even in the purple that she always used! Before I could read much Alastair took it to look at. Unbelievably the house has caught fire while we were in the secret library. Panicked we tried to go back out but the door was stuck. Dan and I found another exit that lead to the cemetery close to where grandmother was just buried.
 
Again OMG. We just made it out when the entire house crumbles. This is where it starts to really get weird. We spotted an old man with binoculars hidden in the trees watching us. We also see Alastair leaving the house WITH the book!!! No wonder we could not find him! HE LEFT US TO DIE!!! I am so upset. Not only did we need that book but I really wanted to read what my mom had to say! But thankfully we were able to call 911 and save Mr. McIntyre who was in the street on the ground.
 
This made us realize that we needed to find someone that was an adult but who we could manipulate so that we could still search for the clues. We had to do this quickly before our evil aunt turned us over to children's services.
NELLIE
How perfect!! Our Au pair!!! Now we just have to sell it to her!!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment